Our expectation of our partners in such events is that they –
- Meet pet welfare standards that parallel those embodied in our brands. This includes respecting the internationally recognized five freedoms of animal welfare. The five freedoms of animal welfare are: freedom from hunger and thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor; freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area; freedom from pain, injury and disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment; freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind; and freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
- Embrace a vision, mission and/or values that reflect our own (and more specifically that of our partnering brands). Every partner must espouse policies and engage in practices that align with our guiding vision of “a better world for pets.”
- Adhere to all national laws and legal requirements, especially as they relate to animals and their welfare.
We will not, under any circumstances, consider relationships that incorporate a sponsored demonstration, show or activity:
That deliberately causes harm, pain or distress to any animal.
- That promotes a diet or activity which will intentionally result in harm to any animal.
- In which the environment for all animals is not suitable or appropriate to support the animals’ well-being.
- Together we can make a better world for pets.