2021 Tails & Trails Competition
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition starts on Monday 8th April at (12pm (NZDT)).
Competition closes on Monday 1st May (12am (NZDT)).
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Royal Canin Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 88 092 020 178, NZ company number 2331868), of Level 23, 727 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 and whose principal place of business in New Zealand is Building 14, 666 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051 New Zealand (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
3. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions)”.
4. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit, and the three entries judged to be the most creative will each win a Prize (defined below at clause 19). All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
5. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who is:
a. a resident of New Zealand aged 18 years or older at the time of entry;
b. not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and
is not a
spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half,
step or by adoption) of such an employee.
6. The Competition opens at (12pm (NZDT)) on 08/04/2021 and closes at 12am (NZDT) (midnight) on 01/05/2021 (Entry Period). No entries will be accepted after this time.
7. To enter, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period, navigate to the competition post on the Promoter’s Facebook or Instagram page, and comment on that post as instructed in the competition post.
8. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, and not the time of transmission by an Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any delivery service, network or equipment.
9. Eligible Entrants who submit a valid entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will receive an entry into the Competition. Any costs associated with entering (including accessing the Promoter’s Facebook page) are the entrant’s responsibility.
10. Entry into the Competition is restricted to only one entry per person.
11. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter in accordance with clause 22.
12. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant:
a. fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter's reasonable satisfaction; or
b. fails to produce Proof of Identity as required by clause 22 or produces items that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
c. in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
d. in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
13. An Eligible Entrant may only enter via a social media account held in their own name. Entering under a false name/s may invalidate all entries. Multiple entries under different names and/or using different social media accounts may also invalidate all entries at the Promoter’s discretion.
14. Entries must:
a. be the entrant’s own original work, and must not include content which infringes the rights of any person (including copyright in musical works);
b. not contain content which is obscene, offensive, malicious, defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, illegal, suggests infringement of any government health standards or guidelines or otherwise objectionable (in the Promoter's opinion);
c. not contain any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person, or if they are under the age of 18, their parent or guardian's consent;
d. be suitable for display and publication nationally;
e. not directly reference any other third party trademarks, names or logos other than the Promoter’s brands;
f. not contain or refer to any other pet food brand; and
g. not contain any virus or malware or other malicious or inappropriate computer code or material.
15. By entering the Competition and submitting an entry, the entrant assigns all copyright and all intellectual property and other rights in the entry to the Promoter as set out in these Terms and Conditions. By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies or companies accept no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, damaged or misdirected entries. In addition, the Promoter is not responsible for entries incorrectly completed/submitted or for problems experienced entering the Competition due to technical issues (i.e. computer problems or internet connections). If there is any uncertainty of whether an entry is accepted into the Competition, the Promoter shall have the final decision on the status of that entry.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
18. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promoter or their chosen representative at 10am (NZDT) on 02/05/2021.
19. The three (3) best entries, which the judges have determined to be the most creative will each provisionally win a Prize. Each winner will receive:
a. 1 x ticket for the Tails & Trail event on 8th May
b. 1 x Eukanuba lead
c. 1 x slab of wet food
The total maximum value of each Prize is NZD $140
20. The total Prize pool is valued at NZD $420.
21. Prize values are accurate at the date of commencement of the Competition and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in Prize value. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Where a Prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize of equal or greater value. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all Prizes (and elements of Prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement.
22. Each provisional winner will be notified that they have provisionally won a Prize via direct message on Facebook or Instagram to the account through which they submitted the entry comment. This message will contain instructions which they must follow in order to verify their entry and claim their Prize. Entrants and provisional winners may be required to provide proof of identity via email, proof of age and proof of residency to verify their entry (Proof of Identity). If an entrant/winner fails to provide Proof of Identity by the time and date stipulated by the Promoter, their entry/prize claim will be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion.
24. Prize winners must claim their Prize by (1pm (NZDT)) on 07/05/2021. Subject to any relevant directions given under legislation regulating the Competition, if any Prize is not claimed, the Promoter will award the Prize to the next best entry as determined by the judges.
25. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies associated with this Competition will take no responsibility for the prize lost or damaged in transit.
27. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to modify the terms of the Competition including the Prizes and these Terms and Conditions. Where it is practical for it to do so, the Promoter will notify you of such changes.
28. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting any Prize is the responsibility of the winner.
29. The Promoter and its agencies associated with this Competition accept no responsibility for any breach of contract or any infringement or other violation of copyright or any other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights through the acceptance of entries into this Competition and each entrant takes full responsibility for any such claims made in relation to their entry.
30. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to assign all rights of the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, including, without limitation, posting and promoting their entry (whether in original form or a modified or adapted by the Promoter as permitted under this paragraph) on the Promoter’s newsletters and website without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise).
31. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between a winner and any person with whom they choose to, or choose not to, share a Prize.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
33. The Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Competition will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
34. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Entry Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.